TD Sequential Ultimate MetaTrader indicator | FREE Forex Trading Indicator
The TD Sequential Ultimate MetaTrader indicator displays all aspects of the TD Sequential method developed by Tom DeMark, a legendary technical analyst. Buy and Sell Setups, including Setup Perfection arrows, Buy and Sell Countdowns, including failed count 13 attempts, and TDST Support and Resistance levels are all displayed by TD Sequential Ultimate. Unlike many other TD Sequential method implementations, this indicator offers a number of enhancements:
- Recalculates only those candles that require recalculation, which makes it work faster, especially on lower timeframes.
- The distance from candlestick highs and lows to count values is recalculated using pixel-to-price ratios depending on the chart scale and font size, ensuring consistent non-overlapping indicator output across all kinds of trading instruments.
- Everything is calculated according to the original TD Sequential rules. For example, Countdown candles can be non-consequential, while Setup Perfection can come any number of candles after Count 9 is printed.
- All output is available as indicator buffers for easy integration into other indicators or expert advisors via
- Alerts on multiple conditions and via multiple media are built into the indicator.
This indicator is available for MetaTrader version 4 and 5 and doesn’t use any other indicators in its code.
What is TD Sequential?
Tom DeMark created the TD Sequential system to provide a quantitative measure of a potential trend reversal. It is based on three main concepts: Buy/Sell Setup, which indicates at least a partial trend exhaustion, Buy/Sell Setup Perfection, which indicates a high likelihood of the trend at least stagnating, and Buy/Sell Countdown, which indicates that the initial trend’s momentum has been depleted.
Sequential TD Ultimate indicator adds another Tom DeMark-created technique to the mix: TDST Support/Resistance levels. They are based on the Buy/Sell Setup candles and, predictably, provide strong levels of support and resistance. These can be used alone or in combination.
If you want to learn how TD Sequential works and how you can trade currency pairs using this technical indicator, please refer to the following resources:
- An old article from Currency Trader magazine written by Tom DeMark and Rocke DeMark
- A presentation by Jason Perl on DeMark Indicators
- MaxBars (default = 1000) — how many bars to calculate TD Sequential for. Zero value means that the indicator will calculate its counts for all available bars. The higher the number the slower the indicator will work.
- BuySetupColor (default = clrLime) — color of the Buy Setup counts and Perfection arrows.
- SellSetupColor (default = clrRed) — color of the Sell Setup counts and Perfection arrows.
- CountdownColor (default = clrOrange) — color of the Countdown values.
- FontFace (default = “Verdana”) — font face to use for counts.
- FontSize (default = 12) — font size to use for counts.
- ArrowWidth (default = 2) — arrow size for Setup Perfection.
- PixelDistance (default = 3) — vertical distance between count objects in pixels.
- Prefix (default = “TDS_”) — text prefix for naming chart objects.
- AlertOnSetup (default = false) — trigger alert when Buy/Sell Setup is finished (count #9 is printed).
- AlertOnPerfecting (default = false) — trigger alert when Buy/Sell Setup is perfected (an arrow appears).
- AlertOnCount13 (default = false) — trigger alert when Countdown candle #13 appears.
- AlertOnSupportResistance (default = false) — trigger alert when a candle closes above resistance or below support.
- AlertNative (default = false) — if true, then a native popup alert will be issued each time an alert event occurs.
- AlertEmail (default = false) — if true, alerts will be sent via email. Email should be properly configured in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Email.
- AlertNotification (default = false) — if true, alerts will be sent via push-notifications to your mobile device. You need to set up MetaQuotes ID in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Notifications for this to work properly.
- - - - - - - -
⭐The Best Cent Account To Test Your Forex Trading EA.⭐
- - - - - - - -
⭐Great Forex Broker With High Affiliate Commission For Your Forex Trading EA.⭐
The TD Sequential technique can be used to trade in a variety of ways. The main point is that Tom DeMark created the entire framework to identify potential trend reversals. For example, the Countdown mark 13 is thought to frequently coincide with the trend’s top or bottom. Another way to use TD Sequential is to buy/sell after a perfected Setup that was near a support/resistance but none of the candles closed below/above that support/resistance.
My own observations of the indicator on Forex pairs indicate that the support and resistance levels printed by TD Sequential are quite good for entering and exiting trades. Closing below or above a support or resistance line can be used to go short or long.
However, without the addition of confirmations from additional technical indicators or fundamental signals, this indicator system does not appear to provide a sustainable advantage.
If you would like to use TD Sequential outputs in your own custom indicator or expert advisor, you can access them via indicator buffers:
- Buffer #0 — TDST Resistance: actual price level. EMPTY_VALUE on empty value.
- Buffer #1 — TDST Support: actual price level. EMPTY_VALUE on empty value.
- Buffer #2 — Setup: candle number – positive for Buy Setup, negative for Sell Setup. 0 on empty value.
- Buffer #3 — Countdown: candle number – positive for Buy Countdown, negative for Sell Countdown. 0 on empty value.
- Buffer #4 — Setup Perfection: 1.0 for Buy Setup Perfection, -1.0 for Sell Setup Perfection. 0 on empty value.
Downloads (ver. 1.03, 2021-04-05)
TD Sequential Ultimate is being developed via a dedicated GitHub repository. You can actively participate in the improvement of this indicator by submitting your own features via pull-requests and by reviewing existing suggestions, changes, fixes, and so on.
You May Also Like ❤ :
The extreme spike indicator is a Metatrader indicator that detects market trend extreme high and extreme low spikes. It is...
Heiken Ashi Nave is a MetaTrader expert advisor that uses the platform’s standard indicator of the same name to implement...
PersistentAnti EA (Measures persistence of price movements; trades against it) | FREE Forex Trading EA
PersistentAnti is a Forex expert adviser that takes advantage of the concept of trend persistence. The Forex market charts are...
Ichimoku Chikou Cross EA (Uses Ichimoku Kinko Hyo for signals, ATR for position sizing) | FREE Forex Trading EA
Ichimoku Chikou Cross is a MetaTrader expert advisor based on standard Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator with default settings. Specifically, it...