Candle Wicks Length Display Indicator | FREE Forex Trading Indicator
Candle Wicks Length Display MetaTrader indicator is a chart indicator that can display the length of candle wicks in pips. You can specify the minimum length that will be displayed. The indicator supports a variety of alerts and is compatible with both MT4 and MT5.
If your trading system employs candle wicks and really long wicks are critical in determining entry or exit signals for your trades, the Candle Wicks Length Display indicator can be invaluable as a tool to alert you to such candles and the exact length of their wicks.
- Units (default = Pips) — how to measure wicks— in standard Pips or in Percentage points.
- DisplayWickLimit (default = 5) — the minimum wick length in pips (standard/normal) or percentage points for indicator to display it on the chart.
- DisplayHighWickColor (default = clrRed) — the color of the top wick length display.
- DisplayLowWickColor (default = clrLimeGreen) — the color for the bottom wick length display.
- UpperWickLimit (default = 10) — the minimum value for the upper wick length in broker pips or percentage points for alert to trigger.
- LowerWickLimit (default = 10) — the minimum value for the lower wick length in broker pips or percentage points for alert to trigger.
- WaitForClose (default = true) — if true, the indicator will wait for a candle to close before checking its wicks’ length.
- SoundAlert (default = false) — if true, sound alerts will be used when UpperWickLimit or LowerWickLimit is reached.
- VisualAlert (default = false) — if true, MetaTrader’s native pop-up alerts will be used when UpperWickLimit or LowerWickLimit is reached.
- EmailAlert (default = false) — if true, MetaTrader’s email alerts will be sent when UpperWickLimit or LowerWickLimit is reached. Email should be properly configured in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Email.
- NotificationAlert (default = false) — if true, MetaTrader’s push notification alerts will be sent to your device when UpperWickLimit or LowerWickLimit is reached. Notifications should be properly configured in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Notifications.
- IgnoreAlertsOnFirstRun (default = true) — if true, the indicator will ignore alert conditions when indicator is first attached to the chart or the chart’s timeframe/symbol is changed. Subsequent alert conditions won’t be ignored.
- TopBottomPercent (default = 0) — if this parameter is set to a value greater than 0 and less or equal 100, the indicator will display length only for bars where Open and Close are within the given top or bottom percentage of the candle.
- FontFace (default = “Verdana”) — the font face to use for candle wick length display.
- FontSize (default = 10) — the font size to use for candle wick length display.
- MaxBars (default = 500) — the number of bars (counting from the current one) to process. 0 — process all bars.
- UseRawPips (default = false) — if true, the indicator won’t try to guess the pip size for the current symbol and will use the raw pips (points) instead. Might be necessary when working with non-Forex symbols.
This example image shows Candle Wicks Display Length for MT4 attached to the H1 chart of the EUR/USD currency pair with default settings except for the DisplayWickLimit input parameter, which is set to 10.
As you can see, long top candle wicks prevail in downtrends whereas the opposite is also true — you will more likely see more green length values marked for the bottom wicks in uptrends.
Downloads (ver. 1.08, 2021-03-23)
You May Also Like ❤ :
The extreme spike indicator is a Metatrader indicator that detects market trend extreme high and extreme low spikes. It is...
Heiken Ashi Nave is a MetaTrader expert advisor that uses the platform’s standard indicator of the same name to implement...
PersistentAnti EA (Measures persistence of price movements; trades against it) | FREE Forex Trading EA
PersistentAnti is a Forex expert adviser that takes advantage of the concept of trend persistence. The Forex market charts are...
Ichimoku Chikou Cross EA (Uses Ichimoku Kinko Hyo for signals, ATR for position sizing) | FREE Forex Trading EA
Ichimoku Chikou Cross is a MetaTrader expert advisor based on standard Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator with default settings. Specifically, it...