Bollinger Bands Breakout EA | FREE Forex Trading EA
Bollinger bands are a widely used technical indicator. It can be utilised for both breakout trading and reversal capturing. For MetaTrader 4, you may obtain a free expert advisor that uses Bollinger bands breakouts for entry signals.
The indicator is based on standard deviation and acts as a volatility band for the provided currency rate. A breakout beyond those zones is statistically uncommon, indicating a strong tendency among traders to purchase or sell.
- - - - - - - -
⭐The Best Cent Account To Test Your Forex Trading EA.⭐
- - - - - - - -
⭐Great Forex Broker With High Affiliate Commission For Your Forex Trading EA.⭐
- Position Size — to define the position size.
- Stop-loss in pips.
- Take-profit in pips.
- Slippage in pips.
- Enable trade — to enable or disable the trading function.
- Period of the the Bollinger Bands.
- Deviation of the Bollinger Bands.
- Buy signal when the price is above the upper band.
- Sell signal when the price is below the lower band.
- Fixed take-profit or stop-loss hit.
Results on EUR/USD @ H1
Backtesting the expert advisor on the EUR/USD @ 1-hour timeframe shows an interesting result. Despite not being stable, a high risk-to-reward ratio allows the EA to be profitable in the tested period. However the profit is rather small and the periods of drawdown are long. This EA’s could be attributed to pure luck with just a few trades. It should be significantly improved if you plan using it in a live account.
- High risk-to-reward ratio produces a profit in the tested period.
- EA isn’t heavily impacted by a ranging market.
The EA can suffer from false breakouts.
What Is It Good For?
The profitability in the backtested period can indicate potential. The EA could be improved with further condition and become even more profitable and consistent.
This expert advisor is free to download and you can use its .mq4 source file to develop your own EA’s.
Download MT4 Bollinger Bands Breakout Expert Advisor
- Download the expert advisor .mq4 file.
- Open the MetaTrader 4 data folder (via File→Open Data Folder).
- Open the MQL4 Folder.
- Copy the .mq4 file to MQL4/Experts/ subfolder.
- Restart MetaTrader 4 or refresh the expert advisors list by right-clicking the Navigator subwindow of the platform and choosing Refresh.
You May Also Like ❤ :
The extreme spike indicator is a Metatrader indicator that detects market trend extreme high and extreme low spikes. It is...
Heiken Ashi Nave is a MetaTrader expert advisor that uses the platform’s standard indicator of the same name to implement...
PersistentAnti EA (Measures persistence of price movements; trades against it) | FREE Forex Trading EA
PersistentAnti is a Forex expert adviser that takes advantage of the concept of trend persistence. The Forex market charts are...
Ichimoku Chikou Cross EA (Uses Ichimoku Kinko Hyo for signals, ATR for position sizing) | FREE Forex Trading EA
Ichimoku Chikou Cross is a MetaTrader expert advisor based on standard Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator with default settings. Specifically, it...