Bill Williams Alligator (Basic EA based on Bill Williams’ Alligator indicator) | FREE Forex Trading EA
Bill Williams Alligator EA is a basic open-source expert advisor built for the MT4 platform to show a proof-of-concept robot that trades with the Bill Williams Alligator indicator. You’ll find a brief description, backtest results, a download link, and installation instructions below.
Bill Williams’ Alligator indicator is one of his most well-known creations. It’s a straightforward indicator that employs three moving averages of varying periods and shifts.
- - - - - - - -
⭐The Best Cent Account To Test Your Forex Trading EA.⭐
- - - - - - - -
⭐Great Forex Broker With High Affiliate Commission For Your Forex Trading EA.⭐
Here, we present to you can a free expert advisor for MetaTrader 4 based on the Alligator indicator. You can download and use it for free and also access its source code (.mq4 file) to build your own version of an Alligator EA.
- Position Size — to define the position size.
- Use next entry to close the trade — to use a specific take-profit or to wait for the next entry signal.
- Stop-loss in pips.
- Take-profit in pips.
- Slippage in pips.
- Enable trade — to enable or disable the trading function.
- Period of the Jaw.
- Shift of the Jaw.
- Period of the Teeth.
- Shift of the Teeth.
- Period of the Lips.
- Shift of the Lips.
The type of moving average used for the signal line is a simple moving average.
- Buy signal when the three MA’s are going up and the fast MA’s are above the slow one.
- Sell signal when the three MA are going down and the fast MA’s are below the slow one.
- Fixed take-profit or stop-loss hit.
- Close when the next opposite order is triggered.
Results on EUR/USD @ H1
Even though the backtest results on EUR/USD @ H1 timeframe show some profitability, the Alligator EA cannot be considered consistently profitable. It prospered thanks to just a few lucky trades while spending significant portion of test period in drawdown. The expert advisor is very simple — it could be improved with additional conditions. Apparently, using solely the Alligator indicator is not enough.
The expert advisor can score highly profitable trades during clear and long trends.
In case of a choppy or ranging market, the EA loses money.
What Is It Good For?
Even though the expert advisor shows some promise in the backtest, it wouldn’t be a good idea to use this EA in a live trading account. It is very risky and can lead to long periods of drawdown when the market fails to trend clearly.
This expert advisor is free to download and you can use its .mq4 source file to develop your own EA’s.
Download MT4 Alligator Expert Advisor
- Download the expert advisor .mq4 file.
- Open the MetaTrader 4 data folder (via File→Open Data Folder).
- Open the MQL4 Folder.
- Copy the .mq4 file to MQL4/Experts/ subfolder.
- Restart MetaTrader 4 or refresh the expert advisors list by right-clicking the Navigator subwindow of the platform and choosing Refresh.
You May Also Like ❤ :
The extreme spike indicator is a Metatrader indicator that detects market trend extreme high and extreme low spikes. It is...
Heiken Ashi Nave is a MetaTrader expert advisor that uses the platform’s standard indicator of the same name to implement...
PersistentAnti EA (Measures persistence of price movements; trades against it) | FREE Forex Trading EA
PersistentAnti is a Forex expert adviser that takes advantage of the concept of trend persistence. The Forex market charts are...
Ichimoku Chikou Cross EA (Uses Ichimoku Kinko Hyo for signals, ATR for position sizing) | FREE Forex Trading EA
Ichimoku Chikou Cross is a MetaTrader expert advisor based on standard Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator with default settings. Specifically, it...